You may begin to apply for financial aid on November 1, 2013 when SSS opens for the 2014-2015 school year. The links to the right will guide you through the process. We advise reading “Applying for Financial Aid” before exploring the SSS link.
In order to make sure that you complete the financial aid process correctly, please read all of the instructions carefully. To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, both new and returning families must complete applications by January 15, 2014. Applications received by January 15 will be given full consideration, anything received after the deadline will be considered if funds are available. If you are applying past the January 15 deadline, please contact Laura Martin, Director of Enrollment, as soon as possible.
Provided you have supplied all the information needed to SSS on time, we will communicate decisions about financial aid by the end of February 2014.
A few things to note:
- Financial Aid awards based on your 2012 tax returns are contingent upon the Committee’s receipt and review of the 2013 taxes.
- WMS adds a salary value of $15,000 for a non-working spouse whose children are in school full-time. This amount will be added to SSS parents’ contribution estimate to arrive at an adjusted parents’ contribution estimate.
- Because we rely on information from SSS in making financial aid grants, it is very important that you fill out the form completely (including explanations of entries) and submit it by the due date. Please do not presume that SSS or WMS will understand things that are not clearly stated or explained.
- If you are divorced or separated, both parents will need to fill out the PFS separately and supply tax forms.
- Incomplete forms will be returned and the applicant will not be considered for aid until all information is received.
- Late forms risk losing a chance for consideration.
- All required forms must be sent or uploaded to SSS directly. WMS will not accept hard or digital copies of any financial aid paperwork.
- Returning financial aid applicants: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
In closing, in order to be sure that you are considered for financial aid, you must fill out all forms carefully and completely and submit them as well as all supporting documentation directly to SSS in a timely manner. If you file for an extension with the IRS, please send the IRS form stating so directly to SSS in lieu of your tax return.
Fully realizing that this process can be daunting, Director of Enrollment Laura Martin is always available to answer any questions you may have at 860.868.0551 x. 2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SSS Customer Service at (800) 344-8328 is also a good resource.