You may begin to apply for financial aid on November 1, 2014 when SSS opens for the 2015-2016 school year.
In order to make sure that you complete the financial aid process correctly, please read all of the instructions carefully. To be eligible for consideration for financial aid, both new and returning families must complete applications by January 15, 2015. Applications received by January 15 will be given full consideration, anything received after the deadline will be considered if funds are available. If you are applying past the January 15 deadline, please contact Laura Martin, Director of Enrollment, as soon as possible.
Provided you have supplied all the information needed to SSS on time, we will communicate decisions about financial aid by the end of February 2015.
Completing the Online Application
- Read “Applying for Financial Aid.”
- Starting on November 1, 2014, go to SSS Website.
- Click on the “Complete your PFS” button.
- You will set up a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) Online account using your e-mail address and a password, which will allow you to return to work on your PFS again before submitting it. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password.
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($42.00). This fee is nonrefundable.
- Upload required documents: After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there. If sending in documents by mail: Print out the Required Documents Cover Sheet to use when sending in the additional documents we require.
- At WMS we REQUIRE that you submit the following documents directly to SSS:
IRS Form 1040 for 2014
All IRS Schedules for 2014
W2 and/or 1099 forms for 2014
In closing, in order to be sure that you are considered for financial aid, you must fill out all forms carefully and completely and submit them as well as all supporting documentation directly to SSS in a timely manner.
Fully realizing that this process can be daunting, Director of Enrollment Laura Martin is always available to answer any questions you may have at 860.868.0551 x. 2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SSS Customer Service at (800) 344-8328 is also a good resource.