The Outreach committee is dedicated to helping parents and students reach out to the local community to make a difference in the lives of those in need. The annual Giving Tree, a partnership with Waterbury Youth Services, provides holiday gifts to children who might otherwise not receive any. The Raffle generates scholarship money for the Waterbury Partnership Program, which enables two students from Waterbury enrollment in WMS Middle School for 6th, 7th and 8th grade. Additional outreach activities occur on an as needed basis.
Scope of Work — Volunteers
- Help plan and implement ways to communicate the value of the outreach endeavors.
- Assist with Giving Tree execution.
- Assist with Raffle.
Scope of Work — Committee Chairs
- Plan and implement the Giving Tree project through communication with Waterbury Youth Services and the WMS community.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers as needed.
- Work with the PA Head and Head of School to designate and obtain appropriate raffle items.
- Work with PA Treasurer to ensure necessary paperwork is filed for the raffle.
- Work with WMS Master Calendar to plan the time line of both the Giving Tree and the Raffle.
- Communicate to the WMS students and parents the value of the Outreach efforts.
Giving Tree runs early November through mid-December.
The Raffle runs in the Spring.