WMS students learn outside of the classroom as well as in it. Here are just a few of the extra-curricular activities for students:
- Through the Partner Class program, Upper Elementary and Middle School students meet regularly with Lower Elementary or Lower School students for mentoring, community building, and friendship.
- Each fall, Middle School students spend one week at a wilderness facility where they participate in team-building exercises and explore the natural sciences.
- Middle School students can opt to participate in after-school sports – such as soccer, basketball, tennis, softball, cross country, and the outdoor club – competing against teams from other schools in the area.
- The Elementary School Chorus gives twice yearly performances and entertains at local nursing homes. Students and teachers alike participate in the WMS Band, giving several performances each year.
- Upper Elementary and Middle School students showcase their artistic talents and entertain the WMS community during their annual play.
- The beginning and year-end school picnics bring students, teachers, staff, and families together.
- Each March, eighth-year students have an opportunity to participate in a one-week community service trip to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. The exposure to another culture, Spanish language, and meaningful service have made this a memorable experience for participants.